An Authorized Company is perfect for investors who require a flexible, tax free and confidential corporate structure to trade, hold investments, collect interests or royalties and offer global consultancy services.
PERMISSBLE ACTIVITIES FOR AN AUTHORIZED COMPANY
An Authorized Company can carry out any lawful business activities EXCEPT the following activities which are set out in the Fourth Schedule to the Financial Services Act 2007:
- Financial services
- Carrying out the business of holding or managing or otherwise dealing with a collective investment fund or scheme as a professional functionary
- Providing of registered office facilities, nominee services, directorship services, secretarial services or other services for corporations
- Providing trusteeship services by way of business
- Any other activities that the FSC may determine as being detrimental to the good repute of Mauritius as a centre for financial services or contrary to public interest.
The Authorized Company cannot bear a Freeport License and thus cannot apply for work and residence permits for its directors or even for it management.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO APPLY FOR AUTHORIZED COMPANY
An applicant for Authorized Company should meet the following conditions:
- The majority of shares or voting rights or the legal or beneficial interest in the company, are held or controlled, as the case may be, by (a) person(s) who is/are not a citizen(s) of Mauritius.
- The activity(ies) of the Company is/are being conducted principally outside Mauritius.
- The Company has its place of effective management (POEM) outside Mauritius.
The Authorized Company is not tax resident in Mauritius and therefore is exempted from all taxation.
Get in touch
Legacy Capital is helping its esteemed clients worldwide to do business. If you have any questions about our service offerings, please email us using our contact form and our dedicated team will reply to your queries