Section 30 of the Securities Act 2005 and Rule 5 of the Securities (Licensing) Rules 2007 made under it allow for Investment Adviser Companies to be set up and licensed in Mauritius, under 3 broad categories:
Type of Licence
Investment Adviser (Unrestricted)
Manage, under a mandate, portfolios of securities and
give advice on securities transactions through printed materials or any other means
Investment Adviser (Restricted)
Give advice on securities transactions through printed materials or any other means
Investment Adviser (Corporate Finance)
Give advice on corporate finance matters concerning securities transactions including:
• compliance with the listing requirements of any
• raising of funds through the issue of securities;
• arrangement or restructuring including takeovers, mergers, and acquisitions, of a corporation, as far as it relates to securities transactions.
• Minimum Stated Unimpaired Capital for relevant category as per the Securities Act
• Applicant must establish procedures designed to prevent conflicts of interest and the use of inside
information by an effective segregation of its different activities.
• Staff must meet Fit & Proper Requirements
• Appointment of a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) & an Alternate Money Laundering Reporting
Officer (Alternate MLRO)
• Meet substance requirements (as may be required)
Our professional services to Investment Advisers include the following:
• Advice and assist in the drafting of all the relevant documentations
• Liaising with regulator and ensure smooth post submission of license application
• Ensure timely response to queries of the Regulator
• Opening of multi-currency bank accounts.
• Provision of registered office address.
• Provision of office space facilities.
• Provision of professional directors and qualified secretary resident in Mauritius.
• Provision of ongoing services post approval: Renewal of license, preparation of quarterly accounts and filing
with the authorities, preparation & filing of tax returns